To our patients,
We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot in the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. As of June 1, 2020, we will reopen our office to routine dental care and dental hygiene appointments. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we will need to make changes in ways we handle our patient care. We have implemented policies to ensure your safety.
1. All patients will receive a phone call to answer a few screening questions prior to their appointments. If we miss you, it is important that you return our phone calls.
2. We ask you to arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment. When you arrive, please give us a call or text to check-in and we will let you know when to come inside. We do so to control patient traffic in the waiting area.
3. If you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, shortness of breath, or been in contact with anyone affected by COVIDS, please postpone your appointment.
4. Mask is required to enter our office. You will need to put on your mask before checking out.
5. We request you do not bring unnecessary companions to your appointments. Caretakers will wait in the car after checking in the patient.
6. We temporarily cannot provide a blanket or a headphone. Please bring your jacket and personal headphone if desire.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice and our staff is trained on these procedures. Our infection control processes are made so that you will receive safe and comfortable care. Due to social distancing, we may have slower patient flow. Our staff is working hard on rescheduling all patients.
We want to welcome you back to our practice, and to thank you for your patience and understanding. If you should have any questions and concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Ava Chen, DDS