Tooth emergencies are disruptive to your daily life and routine. Dental pain is said to be some of the worst, and if you’re experiencing a painful toothache, you may not be able to concentrate on tasks, or even sleep at night. You need relief from your discomfort as soon as possible so you can get back to your normal life!
Dr. Ava Chen and her team are well-equipped to handle dental emergencies in Castro Valley, such as:
- A knocked-out (avulsed) tooth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Bleeding or swollen gums
- Cracked or broken dentures
- Toothaches or dental infections
- Broken or lost fillings or crowns
We offer convenient early morning and Saturday dental appointments that make it easy for us to care for most emergency patients the same day. Contact Ava Chen, DDS right away at (510) 886-3888 if you or a loved encounters a tooth emergency so we can get you back on the path to wellness as soon as possible.
How We Handle Dental Emergencies in Castro Valley
Dr. Chen handles most tooth emergencies here at our Castro Valley dental office. Depending on your specific needs, some of the procedures she might recommend are:
- Root Canal Treatment: We recommend root canal treatment when a tooth is infected and causing severe pain. Root canal therapy relieves discomfort and eliminates tooth infections.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: If decay causes tooth sensitivity, a dental filling may be the solution to restore it.
- Porcelain Crowns: For a severely decayed or broken tooth, a dental crown may be necessary to restore and strengthen it.
- Tooth Extractions: Only recommended as a last resort, sometimes removing a tooth is the best option to protect your dental health and remaining teeth.
- Tooth Replacement: If a knocked-out or lost tooth needs replacement, Dr. Chen offers solutions like dental implants, bridges, and partial dentures to restore your smile.
Call Ava Chen, DDS
If you have constant dental pain, don’t wait to call us, thinking that your tooth may feel better on its own. A tooth that is infected won’t resolve itself without treatment, and you could be risking the spread of your infection and even tooth loss.
If you are not sure your situation is an emergency, call us anyway. We’re happy to assess your condition over the phone and help you determine if you need immediate attention.
We also recommend that you call us before heading to an emergency room. Most hospitals don’t handle tooth emergencies, and you could save time and money by calling your dentist in Castro Valley first.
If your emergency takes place after hours, please don’t hesitate to call us at (510) 886-3888. We have after-hours instructions that will help you get the relief you need.